YouTube parental controls are a much-needed feature in a world where kids live their lives online. It allows you to feel like you have some control while letting your child feel independent. You can go to YouTube to learn something, have a laugh, listen to music, and watch some of the content you enjoyed years ago.
But as many have learned thanks to recent controversy, YouTube also has content that isn’t appropriate for children. If you want to protect your young ones from foul language, adult content, or simply something you find gross (pimple popping channels aren’t for everyone), you’ll need to learn how to set up parental controls.
How To SetUp YouTube Parental Control On iPhone
- Take your iOS and open your YouTube app.
- In the upper right corner, you will find your account icon. Tap on that account icon.
- A menu will appear. From that menu, select an option called “Settings”.
How To SetUp YouTube Parental Control On Android
- Start the YouTube app in your phone and sign in to your account if you are not already signed in.
- After signing in to your account, click on the account icon. You will find this icon at the top right. You have then look for an option “settings” and click on it.
- After you click on the Settings, you will then find an option “General”. Click on this option. In the next page, you will find an option called the “Restricted Mode”. Select this option.
How To SetUp YouTube Parental Control On iPad
- Go to the official website of YouTube. On the upper right corner, you will be able to see three dots. Click on them.
- When it is clicked, a pop up is shown. Select the option “Settings” from it.
- When you are in the settings, click on the “Restricted Mode”. This will turn on the safety features.
- You can also enable parental controls through the YouTube app on the iPad. The process is same as allowing the safety mode on your iPhone. You can use this method in the iPhone too.
How To SetUp YouTube Parental Control On Web Browser
- Go to YouTube.com, click Sign In and log into your Google account.
- When complete, you should be brought back to the homepage.
- Click on your Profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click Restricted Mode in the menu.
- Turn On Restricted Mode.
- Close the window. YouTube looks like it refreshes after that last step, but you’ll still see the same content as you did before you enabled Restricted Mode.
- Re-open YouTube, and confirm you’ve enabled restricted mode by clicking your profile icon and looking for that setting to be labelled as On.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.