WeChat is the most popular app in Asia but is growing internationally as well. It is becoming more and more popular in other parts of the world including North America. WeChat currently has a program running in North America to provide free Starbucks gift cards if you sign up with WeChat.
With the rich features, user base and momentum, WeChat is here to stay and will only become more and more popular worldwide. WeChat pay is a payment solution completely integrated inside the social and messaging application of Tencent (WeChat). It appears in the “WeChat Wallet” section of the application.
Features Of WeChat
- QR Code
WeChat comes with a standard QR Code reader, allowing the app to instantly work with QR codes and better integrate with the message, promotion or information that is attached to it. Many business cards in China use a QR code, which is then automatically scanned into your WeChat App.
Moments allow you to mini-blog and post thoughts and images to your friends. These posts are then automatically updated to your circle of friends.
- Video Call
WeChat allows users to make face-to-face video calls by simply pressing “+” and selecting the “video call” icon under the chat window. This will use all your cell phone’s contacts.
Besides a huge number of emoji collections that WeChat provides for free, users can also add their own emoticons by simply downloading from a website, or creating their own from photo albums.
- Voice Chat
This is also known as free Internet phone calling. Simply pick your contact from your phone’s contact list and start talking. You can also send text chats as well.
WeChat offers games directly inside the app itself. Think of an app store for games accessible within WeChat. The game center has several titles for free to download and play. You can play the games solo or even with the your WeChat friends.
WeChat allows for mobile transactions via TenPay (a version of PayPal). WeChat can let brands create m-commerce stores or send money to other members. You can even buy goods from vending machines via WeChat on your phone.
WeChat has several features that allow you to search via your geo-location for WeChat friends or other members who are nearby. ‘Shake’ allows you to look for other members around you (just shake the phone when you are ready).
How To Create WeChat Account
- Launch WeChat app from your phone and tap on Sign Up.
- Input your name which will be displayed as your WeChat account name, select Region and input the phone number to be used for your WeChat account. Once you have completed the information, tap on Sign Up.
- Enter the verification code that was sent to your phone via SMS and tap on Next to continue.
- Once you have entered the verification code, you should be brought into WeChat and can start messaging with your families and friends.
READ: Activate Wells Fargo Account | Retrieve Wells Fargo User ID Or Password
How To Make Payment On Wechat
- Purchase movie tickets.
- Paying for water and electricity bills.
- Order and pay for a cab.
- Purchase a train or flight ticket
- Performing transactions on e-commerce websites.
- Performing wechat mobile top up.
- Transferring fund to friends (especially as “red envelopes” shared during Chinese festivals).
- Investment in wealth management funds.
- Book a night in a hotel.
- Purchase movie tickets.
How To Setup Wechat Payment
- Go to your WeChat and click on Me/Wallet/Cards. This will take you to a section to add a Chinese bank card.
Note if you don’t see Wallet in your WeChat Click Here.
- Add a credit or debt card to link with your WeChat Wallet. Note: This is strictly Chinese bank card. make sure the name you use matches with the name linked with your bank card. The name field is also case sensitive.
Requirements For Wechat International
- WeChat account.
- A Chinese bank card.
- Mobile number linked with your bank card.
How To Add Wallet in Wechat
Click on Setting/General/Language to change the WeChat langurage to Chinese. This will activate your WeChat Wallet.
You can then change your language back to English and WeChat Wallet stays.
Now you can add a credit or debt card to link with your WeChat Wallet.
To Get a detailed guide on how to set up wechat wallet Click Here.
Very easy, right.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.