The Ultramar MasterCard by the National Bank is a rewards credit card in the cash back category. As Ultramar is a home fuel and gas retailer you surely get some rewards on your monthly bills with Ultramar. On your bills for Ultramar heating equipment and oil, you may earn a cash back rate of 2.5%. When you buy gas at an Ultramar gas station then you may earn a cash back rate of 2.5%.
All other purchases with this card may get you a 1.5% cash back reward. The card comes with no annual fee for the primary as well as supplementary cards. You may get a credit limit of at least $500 and you may link this card to your MasterPass digital wallet for ease in shopping. The exclusive partner options with MasterCard affiliates may give you certain benefits.
Ultramar master card does not have any promotions currently on balance transfers. You may pay the usual 22.99% interest rate of balance transfers. This card has many tiers that you may have to remember to accumulate cash back rewards. The card has some limited insurance benefits but there are other competitive cards that offer some comprehensive travel insurance benefits. You may also find other cards that have the promotional interest-free or low-interest balance transfer offers.
Features Of Ultramar Credit Card
- Credit Score Rating
In order to qualify to apply for this card, you may need to have a good credit score. This means that for over 6 years you had a good rating and credit history. You may have not applied in the past 9 months for a new credit and never missed your minimum payments since last 3 months.
- Balance Transfer
As of now, they do not have any ongoing promotions on interest rates for balance transfers. You pay the usual 22.99% for the amounts that you transfer to this card.
- Annual Fee
You may get the primary card at no annual fee.
- Interest Rate
The annual purchase interest (APR) rate that they charge is for 19.99%
- Cash Advances
The interest rate they charge for cash advances is annually 22.99% for the cash advances that you obtain using this card.
- Additional Cards
You pay no fees for requesting supplementary cards. So, more users can earn more cash back rewards.
On Ultramar gas purchases, you may earn 1% cash back rate on monthly purchases valued between $0.01 and $100. Above $100 you may earn 2%. If you spend $2500 or more annually then you may earn additional 0.5% cash back.
All other purchases of value between $0 and $6000 may get you a cash back rate at 0.25%. For purchases valued between $6000 and $9000, you may earn 0.50% cash back and over $9000 you may earn 1.25%.
The cash back rate for Ultramar home heating payments is 2.5%.
You may not exceed a maximum annual cash back reward of $250.
How To Create Ultramar Credit Card
- Go to your web browser
- Visit www.nbc.ca/personal/mastercard-credit-cards/benefits.html
- Click on Sign In at the top of the page
- Select the type of account – Personal or Business account
- Tap on Sign In again after the next page has been opened
- Star with your mastercard number and password
- Decide to save the credentials to your device or not ( depends on the nature of the device )
- Finally, locate the Sign In button.
How To Apply Ultramar Mastercard
- Go to your internet browser
- Visit www.nbc.ca/personal/mastercard-credit-cards/ultramar.html
- Locate the Apply Now button here or move straight to the form here
- Enter SSN and ZIP Code in the space provided
- Then type in your Email address, location etc
- Details also includes your monthly income details, contact details etc
- Apply for mastercard credit card.
Ultramar Mastercard Online Login
- Login to ultramar website @ https://www.nbc.ca/personal/mastercard-credit-cards/benefits.html ( this is for users that have no mobile app )
- Tap on Sign In at the extreme right top
- Select your card account type
- Login with your card credentials
- Access your dashboard to check on bonuses
- Pay friends without the plastic credit card
Disadvantages Of Ultramar Credit Card
- They do not offer a promotional rate for balance transfers.
- You may pay the usual annual interest rate at 22.99% for balance transfers.
- You may have to keep in mind too many tiers for calculating your cash back rate.
- As per the tier that you qualify, you may earn 2.5%, 1.25% or a 1%. Not many of us would like to worry about numbers while shopping.
- Does not offer comprehensive insurance for travel related purchase with this card.
- No signup bonus as compared to offers by competitors.
- You may feel forced to purchase gas at Ultramar gas stations to earn the cashback.
- To get 1.25% cash back rate you may have to use this card as your primary card and put all your purchases on this one.
- The maximum cash back annual rebate allowed is only $250.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.