Uber is known as taxis to passengers is a form of transportation which is used by drivers as a referral service. Uber is owned by a company, the company charge the passengers, takes it’s own share of the money, then deposit the remaining money to the driver account.
Uber has an app which you can download on your Android, iOS and Windows Phone that connects riders with drivers using their phone’s GPS capabilities, letting both parties know one another’s location and removing the question of when the ride will actually arrive.
There are several services that Uber offers, depending on the amount you paid, the lowest-cost option, UberX, runs in everyday cars like the Toyota Prius. Uber Black is the company’s original service, costing a bit more but running in high-end town cars with professional drivers. Uber SUV is precisely what it sounds like, charging a premium for a larger vehicle. Uber LUX is the top-of-the-line option, operating in posh rides like Porsche Panameras and BMW 7 series sedans.
Uber operates in 45 countries and cities from Abu Dhabi to Zurich, the company’s reach is staggering and its effect is unifying. If you know how to hail an Uber in Akron, Ohio you can also figure it out in TaiPei, Taiwan. Still, in the U.S., where regulations vary by city, county, and state, the service hasn’t been allowed everywhere. For example, though it is legal to sleep on the sidewalk in Portland, Ore., you cannot hail an Uber there. Uber runs in a 24-hour-per-day city like New York, there’s always someone looking for a ride. But in smaller Uber bergs like Blacksburg, Virg., the app is likely a dead zone in the middle of the night.
How to Download Uber On Android Device
You can download and install the Uber rider app on Android devices with operating system 4.0.3 and newer. Head to the Google Play store and follow these steps:
- Tap the Google Play icon.
- Tap the search bar, type Uber, then tap Search.
- Select the Uber icon and tap INSTALL.
- After app installation is complete, tap OPEN.
- In the Uber app, tap SIGN IN if you have an account or tap REGISTER to create one.
How to Download Uber On iOS Device
- Open the App Store app.
- Click on Search found at the bottom of your screen.
- Enter “Uber.”
- Click on “uber.” found in first result in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Get.
- Make sure the version of Uber you’re on is the one developed by “Uber Technologies, Inc.”
- Click on Install.
- Enter your Apple ID and password. After doing so, your Uber download will begin.
- Your download may begin without needing your Apple ID credentials.
How to Register Uber Account
- Open the Uber app
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Click on the arrow to continue
- Type in the 4-digit confirmation code which was sent to your number
- Click on the arrow to continue
- Enter your email address and click the arrow to continue
- Type in a password with at least 8 characters and includes a combination of letters, numbers, and punctuation for your account
- Click on the arrow to continue
- Type in your first and last name and click on continue
- Tap the arrow to agree to Uber’s terms of service\Click on ☰ found at the top left corner of the screen
- Tap Payment
- Click on Add Payment Method
- Tap Add Promo/Gift Code. If you received a promo code from another Uber user, you can enter it to receive a promotional discount
- If you don’t have a code, Uber recommends using FTC20 to get your first ride free (up to $20)
- Select a payment method. These options differ by country
- If you choose Credit or Debit card, follow the on-screen instructions to enter your card number and billing information. If you choose PayPal, PayTM, or another payment processing company, follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your account and authorize charges from Uber
- Book a ride. Once your payment information is entered, you’re all ready for your first ride. For detailed information on making your first reservation, see How to Hire an Uber Car
How to Become an Uber Driver
- Visit https://www.uber.com in a web browser.
- Click Become a Driver.
- To drive for Uber, you must be 21 or older, have a valid driver’s license, insurance and a legally registered car that meets Uber’s criteria for your city.
- Enter your personal information.
- Click Next to continue.
- If you’ve already signed up for Uber as a passenger, just click the Log In link beneath the form instead.
- When choosing an option from the “What type of vehicle will you drive?” dropdown, select Personal Vehicle if you’ll be driving your own vehicle, or Taxi or Livery if you’ll be driving a licensed taxi.
- Click Continue if your vehicle meets the on-screen requirements.
- Type in your social security or other identification number for background check in the spaces provided.
- CLick on Continue
- Click I Agree & Acknowledge to agree to the background check.
- Uber does not check your credit or share your data with others.
- Upload a photo of your driver’s license.
- If you’re using your smartphone or tablet to fill out the form, tap Take Photo With My Phone and follow the on-screen instructions to upload the photo.
- If you are using a computer, take a photo of your license using a smartphone, then send the photo to your computer. Click “Upload Photo.”
- Click Find an inspection center. Before you can proceed, you’ll need to have your car inspected by a certified Uber inspection agent. Once the inspection is complete, you can move to the next step.
- Uber will attempt to locate the nearest inspection center. If you want to use that center, click Choose this location beneath the location. Otherwise, click Choose a different location for an alternate option.
- Bring your license, registration, and insurance card with you to the inspection.
- Take a photo of (or scan) your vehicle inspection form.
- Go to https://www.uber.com/sign-in.
- Click Driver Sign In.
- Upload your vehicle inspection form. A pop-up will appear, asking whether you’ve completed your inspection. Click Yes, then Browse to navigate to the photo or scanned inspection form.
- Upload images of all requested documents. Now you’ll be prompted to upload a copy of your insurance card, registration card, and business license (if required by your city or state).
- San Francisco CA, Portland OR, and Las Vegas NV all require that Uber drivers acquire business licenses.
- To find out if your city requires a business license to drive for Uber, call your city’s revenue division.
- Download the Uber app by selecting iPhone or Android to send a download link directly to your smartphone. The link will launch your phone’s app store, where you’ll download it as you would any other app.
- Click Play on the welcome video. This video will teach you more about driving with Uber, including information about using the app on your smartphone.
- As long as your documents are approved and your background check is successful, you should receive a welcome kit from Uber in a few days (though it can take up to 2 weeks if there is high demand). This kit will include all of the information you need to get on the road, including an Uber sticker for your windshield.
How to Refer Friends to Ride With Uber
You can refer friends, family, and people you’re connected with on social media to ride with Uber by sharing your personal referral code. Once your friend signs up for Uber, they’ll get their first ride for free. And once they take that first free ride, you will also get a free Uber ride of the same amount.
The people you refer to Uber cannot already have accounts with Uber. They’ll need to create a new account with your referral code in order for you both to benefit from this program.
The dollar amount of the free ride credit varies by area, but is usually up to $20 toward a ride.
- Open the Uber app.
- Click ☰. It’s at the top left corner of the screen.
- Click Free Rides.
- Click Send Invites. Your code will appear beneath “Your Invite Code.”
- Select an app to use for sharing invites, you can share your code via email, SMS, or with almost any social media app. Once you choose an app, use it to send a message to anyone with whom you’d like to share your code.
- The person you refer must click your link or enter your code manually so you both get credit.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.