TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. The app musically was used by young people as an outlet to express themselves through singing, dancing, comedy, and lip-syncing. Tiktok app was launched in 2017 by Chinese developer ByteDance, for markets outside of China.
TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo. TikTok is a Chinese iOS and Android social media video app for creating and sharing short lip-sync, comedy, and talent videos. The app is now called Tik Tok, complete with a new logo, has all of the same features as musically and allows users to create videos recorded in 15 seconds or less and share them across a community.
TikTok incorporates the most popular elements of both apps with a feed that highlights the users’ community, in addition to a “For You” feed that uniquely serves a curation of personalized video recommendations based on viewing preferences.
Features Of TikTok App
- A “reaction” feature that allows user to react friends’ videos directly from the phone
- Enhanced creative tools like interactive gesture filters unlock features such as funhouse mirror camera effects;
- VR-type filters that can be activated just by blinking;
- Green screen-like background effects”
Step To Sign Up TikTok App
- First download the Tiktok app and sign up
- Visit the App Store or Google Play and download TikTok. When you open it, TikTok makes it pretty easy to sign up.
- You can also sign up with Facebook, Gmail, or Twitter, or add a standard username and password if you don’t want any of those accounts connected.
- Next, set up your profile
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll instantly be brought to the feed of videos.
- Click on the icon in the lower right that looks like a person’s outline to see and edit your profile.
- Once you enter your profile, click the Edit Profile button, then select a profile photo or video.
- Also add your username and bio information.
- If you want to show off your other social media profiles, you can link up your Youtube and Instagram pages. If you’re a business, this could be a helpful way to advertise your other visual platforms.
- View the video feed
- Click back to the first tab which shows you the video feed.Think of this feed like Twitter’s, but where video is the primary content.
- If you don’t have any followers yet, the app will send you random trending videos. As you begin following and interacting with more people, your feed will become more personalized to your interests.
- Like, comment, or share videos you enjoy. When you find a video you like, you can tap the heart to like it or the speech bubble to comment on it.
- To share the video, press the forward sign underneath the comment symbol to see your sharing options. These symbols are all located on the right side of the video. If you really like a video and want to see if the user has more posts you’ll enjoy, swipe left to toggle to their profile.
- Search for videos
- Tap on the second tab, or magnifying glass, to enter the app’s search area. On this tab, you can either search out accounts or videos, or you can look below the search bar to see videos by trending topic. Follow users via videos. search, or TikCode.
- If you want to keep up with a great video creator, you can follow them by pressing the icon that includes their profile picture and a plus sign above the heart button on their video.
- If you already know of a TikTok account or person that you want to follow, you can search for them in the search bar and then press the “Users” filter.
- You can also find them by scanning their TikCode. This can be helpful for brands or people that want to promote their TikTok channel on other websites or in the physical world. It can also be great if you run into a friend in-person who wants to add you.
- To find your own TikCode, go to your profile and tap the icon with four squares in the top right.
- To scan another TikCode, go to the search tab and tap the square scan button next to the search bar. When the scan screen opens, hold it up to the TikCode you want to scan. The scanning process will begin instantly so you don’t have to press any other buttons. Within seconds of a successful scan, you’ll be sent to that person’s profile.
- If you have a screenshot of a code, you can also press “Photos” in the top corner of the scan page to upload and scan the code.
- Set up your shot and pick out special effects
- Tap the center tab to enter camera mode. To face the camera in the right direction, tap the Flip icon in the top right. On the right side of the screen, you’ll also see icons for the following:
- Speed: Allows you to record your video in slow motion or sped up.
- Beauty: An AR filter that can hide blemishes and smooth out your skin.
- Filters: Lets you change the color filter of the camera.
- Timer: Allows you to set an auto-record countdown if you want to film hands-free. Flash
- Music and Effects
- On the top center of the camera screen, you’ll also see music notes with “Add a Sound” next to them.
- Tap this to choose the musical overlay or sound effect that you want to work with.
- On the bottom of the camera, you’ll also see an Effects icon to the right and an upload button to the left — in case you want to record your videos outside of the app.
- When you tap the Effects button, you’ll see a giant lineup of AR filters and other special effects that can augment your face or your surroundings.
- You can also pick out a video overlay-styled filter here.
- In the black bar under the camera, you can set the time limit for your video or tap Photo Template to create a photo slideshow instead of a video.
- Record the video
- Once you’re ready, press and hold the red record button. You can either record your video all at once or in pieces.
- If you want to fit different shots in each video or record it in pieces, simply hold the record button for each segment, then let go, then press and hold it again when you’re ready for your next shot.
- Don’t want to hold your record button the whole time? Before you enter record mode, you can also use the timer to give yourself enough time to prop up your phone and pose in front of it before it starts automatically recording. Make final edits and add a caption to the video.
- Add a musical overlay, filters, and other basic special effects. You can also add stickers and text overlays on top of the video. When you’re done, press Next. You’ll be directed to a page similar to Instagram’s post page where you can add a caption, relevant hashtags, and account handles of others.
- You can also set the privacy of the video, turn comments on or off, allow duets or reactions, and tap “Save to Album” to download it to your smartphone’s photos. If you aren’t ready to post yet, just press the Drafts button at the bottom left to save it for later.
- Duet with other users
- See a musical post that you love? Want to join in with the person who made it? TikTok allows you to reply with a Duet video. To use this former Musical.ly feature, find a video you want to duet with, press the Share button to see sharing options, then press the “Duet” option on the bottom row in the camera.
- Your camera screen will appear next to the video. From there, you can press record and sing along, dance, or do whatever you want to the music. If you make a post and don’t want anyone to duet with you, you can tap the “Duet/React Off” button on your Post page before publishing.
- Participate in a challenge
- Like other social media platforms, you’ll occasionally see videos with hashtags for “challenges.” A challenge is when a video post, company, or person encourages users to film themselves doing something oddly specific — like flipping the lid of a Chipotle to-go bowl with no hands.
- Participants then film themselves doing the action and hashtag the challenge name in their post captions. There usually aren’t any winners in a TikTok challenge, but hash tagging it might help you get more followers or views as people find you when searching the hashtag.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.