Facebook Live launched in 2016 and since then more than 3.5 billion broadcasts have been sent from the platform. Facebook Live is a fantastic way to increase social media engagement.
Facebook Live videos also get six times more interactions than regular Facebook videos. So not only will your followers love it, but it also boosts your content in the Facebook algorithm.
Getting started is easy too. All you need is a mobile device and the right steps of course. Go live on Facebook to broadcast a conversation, performance, Q&A or virtual event. You can go live on a Page, in a group or an event, and your live videos will also appear in people’s News Feed.
How To Register Facebook Account
Before you can be able to stream live on facebook, you need to have a facebook account. Learn how to create a Facebook acount with this easy step.
- Go to www.facebook.com/r.php.
- Enter your name, email or mobile phone number, password, date of birth and gender.
- Click Sign Up.
- To finish creating your account, you need to confirm your email or mobile phone number.
How To Start Streaming Live On Facebook
- First, login to your Facebook account, then on the top of the posting field you will found make post, photo|video album and live video then click on the live video to start streaming live on facebook.
- Click on the Live video option and a pop up notice will appear requesting you to give permission to your microphone and camera and then click on Allow button.
- Then configure the settings of your stream, then decide whether it will be private or public stream.
- Add a description or write something in the post after configuring the setting.
- You can now get ready to start streaming and then click on “Go Live” button.
How to schedule a live stream
For those that are using connected camera and encoder, you can schedule a live stream up to one week in advance in Live Producer. If possible, we recommend scheduling live broadcasts ahead of time to make your audience aware of upcoming broadcasts and to more easily connect when your stream begins. Learn more about scheduling a live broadcast here.
When you schedule a live broadcast, 2 posts are automatically created:
- An announcement post: When you schedule your live broadcast, an announcement post is published to your Page, letting your followers know you have an upcoming live stream. People who see the announcement post can click “Get Reminder” to receive a one-time reminder notification shortly before the stream begins.
- A live broadcast post: At the scheduled time of your live broadcast, a post containing your live stream will automatically be published. People who expressed interest via the announcement post get a notification directing them to the broadcast.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.