Bitmoji is a secondary social media app that people use to create little cartoon versions of themselves, which they then use on their various social media accounts. It’s a very simple service: You simply create an avatar of yourself, and assemble various comics, GIFs, expressions, and reactions that use this avatar. Then, when you are communicating with someone in a chat or email, you can use your Bitmoji to express yourself. That’s it!
Over time, Bitmoji have become popular with people who have tired of the generalized emojis available on their apps, and want something more interesting and personal. The company provides various updates and themes, like special options for sports events or holidays, that you can occasionally switch between as you desire. Otherwise, part of the charm is the simple focus — this is Bitmoji’s only service, and there are very few add-ons.
While it is currently owned by Snapchat, Bitmoji was originally developed by the company Bitstrips, from Toronto, Canada. Founded in 2007, Bitstrips was focused on creating digital comic strips that featured personalized avatars, a concept very similar to Bitmoji.
How To Create Bimoji Account
Before you create an account on Bitmoji, you need to download Bitmoji app.
- Open the Bitmoji app. It’s the green icon with a white winking chat bubble on the home screen or in the app drawer.
- This method will delete your current Bitmoji so you can create a new one. It’s not possible to have two Bitmoji avatars connected to one account.
- Tap the gear icon. It’s at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Reset Avatar. A confirmation message will appear.
- Tap OK to confirm. You’ll be redirected to the gender selection screen so you can start anew.
- Select a gender. You won’t be able to change this later without resetting your account.
- Select a Bitmoji style. Choose a Bitmoji or Bitstrips Style avatar. Here’s the difference between the two:
- Bitmoji-style is simpler and more cartoonish.
- Bitstrips-style has more customization options and looks a little bit more realistic.
- Customize your Bitmoji’s face and hair. As you tap through features, the preview of your avatar will update. Tap the arrow at the top-right corner of the screen to continue through options until you reach the “Save and Pick Outfit” screen.
- Tap Save and Pick Outfit.
- Select an outfit. Tapping an outfit will display a preview of your avatar wearing that outfit.
- Tap the checkmark at the top-right corner of the screen to save your character. Your new Bitmoji is ready to use.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.