GEICO was founded in Texas in 1936 by Leo Goodwin Sr. and his wife Lilliam Goodwin. The company was launched with the goal of providing auto insurance directly to federal government employees and their families. GEICO is the second most popular insurance company in the United States, trailing only State Farm in terms of the number of insurance policies given out each year. Originally targeted exclusively towards federal workers, the “Government Employees Insurance Company”, or GEICO, has grown to become one of America’s largest corporations. The company earned over $25 billion in revenue in 2017 while employing over 40,000 people nationwide.
In 1948, David Lloyd Kreeger bought Geico, along with a group of investors, and help transition the company into a mainstream automobile agency. Geico has also sold homeowners insurance and life insurance, but automobile insurance has always been its main focus. The company is currently owned by Berkshire Hathaway, a public company that is the parent company for many companies.
Goodwin had a background in insurance: he had spent the last 11 years working for USAA, which specialized in insuring military personnel and their families. Goodwin believed federal employees would be ideal customers for an insurance company because they were perceived to be safer drivers and more financially stable.
Step To Create Geico Login Account
- Tap on the link to create your new account.
- A Geico registration form will appear for you to fill in your details.
- Type in your policy number and if you don’t know your policy number then the image below will help you to identify your policy number.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Next. enter in your 5 digit Mailing Zip code.
- Click continues button and follow all the instructions provided for you to complete your sign up process.
- Click on Login once you have created your account to apply for the auto loan online.
Geico Insurance Login @ www.geico.com
- Visit your web browser and enter www.geico.com
- Then on the homepage, click on the Login button found at the top right side of the page.
- Type in your login details when the login page opens.
- Choose an option from the drop down menu.
- Type in your User ID in the space provided.
- Enter your password.
- Check if the “Remember me” box which is optional.
- Tap on the Login button.
- You will be successfully logged into your account after providing your login details correctly.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.