SmarterMail is a full-featured email, group chat and team collaboration server that is the perfect alternative to Microsoft Exchange. It’s designed to provide the fuctionality businesses need, without sacrificing secure, reliable access to business, and personal, communication.
SmarterMail offers all of the same features as Microsoft Exchange, but at a fraction of the cost. Unlike Exchange, features like audio and video group chat, and Team Workspaces for team meetings and group collaboration are included at no extra charge.
SmarterMail is the only on-prem email alternative to Exchange for web hosts, ISPs, small businesses and enterprises that want Exchange-level functionality, but without the high costs associated with Exchange.
Features Of Smartermail
- A mobile interface ideally suited for smartphones.
- A rich webmail interface optimized for desktops, tablets and “phablets”
- Advanced synchronization with third-party email clients (Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook,
- Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.) and mobile devices (Android, BlackBerry, iOS, Windows Phones, etc.).
- An integrated instant live messaging system that can be used right from the Web
- interface or integrated with third-party products like Adium, Pidgin or IM+ Detailed reporting at the mailbox, domain and system levels.
- Full collaboration and groupware features (shared contacts, calendars, tasks and notes)
- Optional add-ons for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, Exchange Web Services, Message Sniffer, Cyren Premium Antispam and Cyren Zero-hour Antivirus
- Email and chat archiving, ideal for complicancy requirements
- Intrusion detection/prevention
- Structured and multi-layered antispam and antivirus tools included at no additional charge And more…
How To Create New Email Users In SmarterMail | Smartermail Login
- Enter your domain name on your browser like for example (http://mail.domainname.com). replace domainname with your domain name.
- Login to your smartermail admin account using your admin smartermail login details.
- On the options at the left-side bar, select “settings”.
- A list of folders will come up. Expand the folder bearing the name “Domain setting”.
- Note that, if you didn’t see this folder “Domain setting” that means you are not logged in as an admin.
- Select Users from the list of option provided when you expand domain setting.
- A new window will open on your right-hand side for users. There you will see options like (New, Edit, Delete and so on)
- Click on the “New” to proceed to adding new email user.
- A form for creating new user email will pop up. Fill out the form with the information needed for the new account.
- Take note of the following while filling the form;
Display name : the name that will appear on outgoing mail as senders name.
Time zone : Adjust the time zone to your time zone. Very important, for time update.
Mailbox size limit : set this to the size of your desired limit for the user.
- Click on “Save” button to create the user with a default email setting.
Done. You are now a smartmail pro users.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.