Keep your body fit and healthy with physical fitness exercise. In this article, you will understand why it is important to be fit and the type of exercise that you can do to keep your body fit and healthy.
Benefits Of Exercise
- It controls weight
- It combats health conditions and diseases
- It improves mood
- It boosts energy
- It promotes better sleep
- It puts the spark back into your sex life
- It increases the flow of blood to the muscles.
- It makes the muscles strong, firm, and healthy. That is, it improves muscle tone.
- It makes the sweat glands of the skin more active. This results in the production of more sweat with waste materials.
- It helps the body to excrete wastes.
- It helps the whole body to keep fit and healthy.
- During an exercise the lungs become more active, breathing is deeper and air in the lung is changed more often.
- Exercises aid digestion and prevent constipation.
- Some over-weight persons can shade off excess weight through routine exercises.
- Exercise stimulates the appetite.
- It encourages sound sleep and growth.
Types Of Exercise
Aerobic exercise helps you to breathe harder and builds your fitness up. This is the type of exercise that is often thought of being out of breath and sweaty that puts people off starting to exercise.
- Strength building
This exercise helps you build muscle, it includes lots of activities including pilates, physiotherapy type exercise and other fairly low intensity activities help you build muscle. Anything that works your muscles will do, as long as you do the activity for long enough.
Flexibility exercises includes Stretches (see the Physiotherapy postcards on easy stretches and exercises to do if you sit all day), yoga, tai chi, pilates and lots of other exercise classes will all help improve flexibility. Flexibility training can also improve balance, which is good news for all of us as we get older.
- Balance Training
This exercise helps to improve your balance by helping you build up core strength examples of suchThis is especially helpful for people who are at risk of falls, including the elderly, but it is good for everyone. Examples of activities that help with balance include Tai Chi, dance and playing bowls, but there are many others. Here is a very useful video that gives 6 simple exercises will help balance and prevent falls.
You can improve your endurance by doing an activity for increasing periods of time. For example if you can only walk for 10 minutes without needing to rest you can improve your endurance by walking as far as you can several times a day, and increasing how far you go over time. The increases can be small, if you walk for 10 minutes several times a day soon you’ll find you can walk for 15 minutes, then 20 minutes …
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.