Imgur is an image hosting and sharing site, favoured by users of social media and social news sites including Reddit, Twitter and Digg because of its ease of use and flexibility.
How to Create imgur Account
- First, visit imgur official website @ https://imgur.com/register
- Type in your username and Email address.
- Enter your password and retype the password.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Next
- On the next page click on the box to verify that you are not a robot.
- Lastly click on Register to successfully register your imgur account.
How to Create Imgur From Existing Social Media Profile
You can create an account by linking it to an existing account on Twitter, Google, Facebook or Yahoo.
- Go to the registration page
- Click on the corresponding online service.
- You will be directed to the corresponding authorization page on Twitter, Google, Facebook or Yahoo.
- Finally, confirm that you would like to share with Imgur.com and your new account is created immediately.
How to Upload Photos On imgur
You can upload pictures to Imgur that are either saved locally on your computer or are posted on a public site on the Internet.
Uploading From an App
If you decide to upload images from your smartphone or tablet, the steps are similar. These steps below are the same for Android and iOS devices.
- Click on the icon at bottom of your screen.
- You will be asked to “Allow Imgur to access photos, media and files on your device?” Click on “Allow.”
- The images on your device’s gallery will appear, or you can use your camera to take new images to upload.
- Click on all the ones you want to upload and then tap on the green “Next” button in the upper right corner.
- You will have to give your images a post title if you are posting them publicly.
- You can also choose whether you want the images to be public or private by clicking on the drop-down menu right under the post title field.
- When you are done, hit the “Post” button in the upper right corner. If you want the images to be private, the button will say “Upload” instead.
From Your Computer
If you have the image file saved on your computer’s hard drive, you can follow this set of instructions.
- Log into your account (optional).
- From the main homepage or from your account page, look for the green “Add Images” button near the top of the right sidebar.
- There are two ways to select the images you would like to upload:
- Tap on the “Browse” button and choose the file(s) from your computer
- Drag and drop the image files from your computer to the upload area box which appears as a pop-up when you first click on the green upload button.
- As soon as you choose the images to upload, they will immediately load to your account.
- You can also simply drag-and-drop images anywhere onto the screen without using the green “Add Images” button.
- You can also create albums and add images uploaded to them using the main dashboard window. To create an album, click on the “All Images” button and choosing “New Album.”
- To add images to the album, choose the album you created from the All Images drop-down menu and then click on the Add Images link below it and click on the images you want to add.
From the Web
If you would like to save and share a picture that is displayed on a publicly-accessible web page, use these instructions.
- Log into your account (optional).
- Look for the same image upload box as described above.
- You can provide the image URL in one of two ways to Imgur.
- Copy the URL to your computer’s clipboard, then hit CTRL+V from anywhere in the Imgur browser window.
- Click on the green “Add Images” button and enter the URL in the field provided.
- The image will immediately upload. You can then create and add the image to an album by following steps 5 and 6 above.
From Your Email
If you verify your email address for your account, you can send images for upload directly from your email.
- To verify your email, go to “Settings” in your user profile and choose “Upload by Email.”
- Enter your email address in the field provided and hit “Submit.”
- Respond to the activation link that is sent to your email address.
- Once your email is verified, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the images to your email.
- Images can be in ZIP or RAR formats, as well as common image file formats like JPG, GIF and PNG.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.