Workplace by Facebook was launched to bring businesses the benefits of a social media platform, it is communication hub for organizations to collaborate and communicate. It is a collaboration and communication tool that connects employees to one another via an internal social network.
How to Download Facebook Workplace
Android users can get facebook workplace app on Google play store while iOS users can get facebook for work app on app store. But if you don’t know how the Google play store and app store function, then you can just follow the simple steps below.
Facebook Workplace Profile Activation Process
- If you have a company email address, look out for an email inviting you to join Workplace. Click on the link and follow directions to activate your profile. You can also download the directions to activate your profile here.
- If you don’t have a company email, your employer probably supplied you with an access code. Follow these instructions to activate your profile:
- Go to the Workplace.com website and click on “Login” from the upper right hand corner. If accessing from mobile, select login from the menu at the top right.
- Select “Create an Account with an Access Code”.
- Enter your access code.
- Set your username and create a unique password.
- Join groups and follow your colleagues
What Can You do on Workplace by Facebook
Remember that Workplace looks and functions like Facebook. If you know how to navigate Facebook, you’ll know to navigate Workplace.
Like Facebook, Workplace offers Live Video, News Feed, Groups, Messenger, Reactions, Search, and Trending Posts. In addition to the regular Facebook, Workplace has a dashboard with analytics, integration, single sign-on, and identity providers that companies can use to integrate Workplace with their existing IT systems.
Features of Workplace by Facebook
- Groups – Allows users to create multiple groups with teams within the company. Groups allow members to share documents, content, and ideas.
- Multi-Company Groups – Groups can be created with third parties, meaning employees can create groups to communicate directly with customers and vendors. Multi-company groups can share documents, communicate, share ideas and interact on the platform.
- Work Chat – This feature lets users communicate with their team in real-time along with sharing links and documents. Just like Facebook Messenger, users can also make video calls.
- Live Video – If you want to “Go-Live” with your company about the latest product launch, latest development, or breaking news, Live Video on Facebook Workplace alerts employees (or a smaller group of employees) that a live video is in progress. Videos are recorded and indexed to enable future quick search functionality.
- Analytics and Admin tools – Managers can also access all data about the latest usage and interactions. Users can read the number of posts or keep on track of everything going on.
- Unlimited Storage – If you are concerned about running out of space, then relax! Whether you load pictures, files or videos, Workplace offers unlimited storage.
- Security – Data security is the biggest concern for many organizations. Workplace by Facebook ensures that your data and other delicate information will not be published or stolen. Facebook assures that they have come up with several measures that will protect all sensitive information and data.
- Notifications and Newsfeed – The main purpose of the Workplace by Facebook is to keep your team updated on what is happening within the company. For that, it makes sure that each user receives a Newsfeed and its algorithm ensures that it highlights what’s important. Moreover, it also notifies users when they are mentioned, receive a new message, or followed!
Workplace by Facebook collaboration tool has a lot more to offer. Recently, it added some features to make the tool more effective and simpler for enterprises. Here are those features revealed by F8.
- New Workplace Live API – This service is designed to add RTMP to the workplace. It is ready to use with a wide assortment of video encoders which includes Black Magic, Elemental and Teradek.
- It also offers various identity protection security layers like Okta, OneLogin, Microsoft Azure, and G Suite. Not only this, but integrates with compliance and security providers like CSDisco, Smarsh, Netskope, and Skyhigh.
- Other features which are beneficial for enterprises are Chatbots. Facebook has even programmed many bots for the workplace and now it is adding support for TheBotPlatform, Pullstring, Kore.ai, Converse, and Avaamo.
- It also connects with the top collaboration tools such as G Suits, Office 365, Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive. It also includes a new interface for checking different files within the workplace.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.