Instagram account can be hacked, so if you find yourself in a situation where your instagram account has been hacked, then you can still recover your hacked instagram account by reading this article. You can also learn how you can prevent your Instagram account from being hacked with the steps shown below.
Things You Need To Do To Keep Your Instagram Account Safe – Secure Instagram Account
- Pick a strong password. Use a combination of at least six numbers, letters and punctuation marks (like ! and &).
- It should be different from other passwords you use elsewhere on the internet.
- Change your password regularly, especially if you see a message from Instagram asking you to do so.
- Never give your password to someone you don’t know and trust.
- Turn on two-factor authentication for additional account security.
- Make sure your email account is secure.
- Anyone who can read your email can probably also access your Instagram account.
- Change the passwords for all of your email accounts and make sure that no two are the same.
- Log out of Instagram when you use a computer or phone you share with other people.
- Don’t check the “Remember Me” box when logging in from a public computer, as this will keep you logged in even after you close the browser window.Think before you authorize any third-party app.
RELATED ARTICLE: SnapChat App – How To Add Friends On SnapChat
How To Report Hacked Instagram Account
- Login to https://help.instagram.com/
- Go to Instagram Report Center, click on the “Privacy and Safety Center” option at the left side of the page.
- Click on “Hacked Accounts” on the list that will be displayed.
- Select “I think my account has been hacked”, three options will be given : Change your password, Revoke access to third-party apps and then Turn on two-factor authentication.
Steps To Recover Hacked Instagram Account
- If you are not able to log in your Instagram account.
- Go to the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- On the login screen, tap “Get help signing in” below Log In.
How To Recover Instagram Account On Android
- Go to the Instagram App on your phone.
- Enter your username or email at the login page.
- Click in the top right.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions.
Steps To Recover Instagram Account On iOS
- Enter your username or email.
- Tap Other issues? below Send Login Link, then follow the on-screen instructions to rectify the issue.
- Once you have got back your account, you can start posting and as well go live on Instagram once more.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.