eToro is an online trading platform that makes trading easy to understand, and even fun, using graphic representations for various financial instruments. Learn how to open and set up eToro trading account with the few steps listed below.
eToro launches its cutting-edge, intuitive trading platform, enabling anyone, anywhere to trade financial assets online. WebTrader included professional tools for both beginner and advanced traders.
eToro Account Sign Up
- Visit eToro broker website and you’ll find the link to the page here
- Click on the green Join now button. This button will redirect you to the first (short) registration form.
- Fill in the form with basic personal information.
- Then confirm your agreement with the terms and services and continue via the Create Account button. For faster registration, you can also use your Facebook profile or Google profile.
- If you have registered using the traditional method (via email account), you will receive an e-mail confirmation that you need to open and click on the attached link. This will verify that you have entered the correct e-mail address. You can sign in immediately after verifying your account.
- After you have signed up in the eToro broker platform, you have two options to go with. Either you can deposit money directly into your trading account (but no more than 2000 EUR – your account is not yet completely completed and verified) or you can continue with the verifying and fill in the necessary information. Continue with the Complete Profile button in the upper left corner. If you want to deposit some money right away, click the Deposit Funds button in the lower-left corner. Or do none of the above and use the demo account that eToro offers for free.
- If you’ve decided to completely fill in the information in your account first, you will face the 12 following steps of verification. These are simple steps in which you fill in basic information, plus additional information about your trading goals, what assets you want to trade and so on. Have you never registered with any other forex or CFD broker? You don’t have to worry! This is common practice with all regulated brokers. Any broker who wants to be regulated in some way (eToro EU is regulated by CySec) is obligated to ask these questions. It starts with this step and a few couples after. We know that the questionnaire is not short, but it is necessary to fill it out.
- Try to fill out the questionnaire as best as you can and make sure you understand the terms. In case the system finds you to be a “risky trader” and if you incorrectly answer some of the questions, your account might not be approved. Be careful!
- After successfully completing your profile and the eToro broker questionnaire, a pop-up window will appear. Your account now has a fully completed profile. However, to unlock all features, you need to verify the profile by sending the respective documents – see next step.
- If you have already registered with a regulated Forex / CFD broker before, you know that trading account verification is not difficult or anything unusual or dangerous. Brokers have an obligation to verify accounts and unfortunately, nobody can avoid it. You will need four things to verify your account: phone verification (via SMS), verification of your address (bank statement, energy bill, etc. …), passport/identity document and tax identification number (= your personal identification number). That is all – within a few minutes can have everything photographed and have the documents ready to be uploaded. So, that’s all you need to verify your account. Try to upload the documents in the requested format, otherwise, the platform will return them to you and ask you to send them again.
- If you have uploaded everything as you should have, your account will most likely be verified within a few hours and then you will have a 100% functional trading account. My account has been verified in about 3 hours, but it can take up to 3 business days as shown below. You will receive an e-mail confirming the verification result.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.