French toast is a called “pain perdu,” in France meaning “lost bread” because originally, people made French toast from stale bread in order to make use of bread that would otherwise have been thrown away. French toast is not only eaten in france, you can get french toast in other parts of the country.
How To Make French Toast
Things You Need To Make French Toast
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Toppings of your choice (such as 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey, or 2 tsp caster sugar)
French Toast Procedures
- Cut thick pieces of country bread, at least an inch thick. Make sure the bread is a day old.
- If not, sit it outside for a few hours.
- Next step is eggs. One egg for two slices is great. Add as many eggs you need into a bowl.
- Add in one third of milk to the eggs.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla, quarter of a teaspoon of allspice, and half a teaspoon of cinnamon . Add to the mixture.
- Even though this is a sweet dish, add just a pinch of salt to bring out the flavours. Just a pinch though.
- Then, we whisk the ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the mixture until nice and creamy.
- Then, we take our bread, soak it in the mixture one at a time, just kind of pile it up. Then put it in the refrigerator.
- Soaking period lasts for 30 minutes. After the bread is done soaking, dip them in the mixture once more.
- Once the bread is done soaking, we’re going to brown it. Take a nice large skillet, and melt in a few table spoons of whole butter. As soon as it foams up, it’s pretty much ready.
- Put the bread on the skillet. Medium-low is perfect, medium can be fine to.
- Make sure that the sides are brown. Two minutes on each side is best.
- After they’ve been browned, transfer them to your baking sheet. The oven is going to have to be 400 degrees.
- Cook the bread for 10-12 minutes. Make sure the outsides crusty and delicious, and the inside looks moist and creamy.
- For the final touch, slowly drip maple syrup on the French toast. Add berries on the side for an extra professional look and taste.
Popular Toppings You Can Use On French Toast
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Whipped cream
- Ice cream
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.