Since launching in 2009, WhatsApp has become the world’s most popular text and voice messaging application. Specializing in cross-platform messaging, WhatsApp is a free service that lets users message one another seamlessly between mobile and desktop devices.
You can hide your Whatsapp chat if you are not interested in reading with the following procedure below.
Archive a chat on Android
With the following step you can Archive your Whatsapp chat if you do not want to read it.
- Tap and hold it on the chats interface to select the chat you want to archive, .
- Then click on the Archive icon which appears on the top bar.
Unarchive a chat on Android
- Go to the bottom of the Chat interface.
- Then click and select Archived Chats at the bottom.
- Now select and tap on the chat that you wish to unarchive.
- Find the Unarchive on the top bar and tap on it.
Archive all chats on Android
- First, go to Settings and click on the Menu button in the main Chat interface.
- Select the Chat you want to Archive
- Click on Chat History and choose Archive all chats.
Note: You will be able to see Archived chats when a new message is sent by the conversation.
The same method can be used to hide WhatsApp Chat on your iPhone. Just follow the instructions below.
Archive WhatsApp Chats on iPhone
- Launch WhatsApp on your device
- Select the chat you wish to hide.
- Swipe left the chat you wish to save and go to its more options.
- Click on the “Archive” option to move it to WhatsApp Archives. You can also select multiple chats and move them to archive in one go.
- To access these hidden chats, launch WhatsApp and scroll all the way up. Here, you can find the Archived Chats option above the search bar.
- Click on the Archived Chats option to view the hidden conversations.
- Swipe left the conversation and tap on the “Unarchive” button to make it visible on your WhatsApp home.
How To Hide Whatsapp Chat Without Archive
- Firstly, go to your device’s Settings
- Go to security and enable app installation from unknown sources.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android
- Go to the official website of GBWhatsApp to download the app.
- Launch the GBWhatsApp app on your phone
- Enter the existing phone number that is linked to your WhatsApp.
- Verify it by entering the one-time password and access the advanced features of WhatsApp.
- Simply select the chats that you wish to hide and tap on the more options (the three-dot) icon from the top.
- Then clcik on the “Hide” option.
- Now, a pattern screen will be displayed for you to implement the lock code for the hidden chats. Make sure that the pattern is different from the phone’s lock screen and that you would remember it.
- To view the hidden chats, you can launch the GBWhatsApp app
- Click on the WhatsApp icon on the top-left corner.
- Verify the pattern lock for the hidden chats and view all the saved conversations here. You can select any chat here
- Click on the hamburger (three-dot) icon at the top and choose the “Mark as Unread” option. This would unhide the selected chats and send them to WhatsApp home.
How To Lock All Whatsapp Chat
- Go to the Play Store and download any app locker. For instance, ChatLock+ is a popular app that you can try to lock WhatsApp.
- After installing, launch the ChatLock+ app
- Turn on the option to lock WhatsApp from here.
- Enter a unique 4-digit PIN that would work as a lock for WhatsApp.
- Alternatively, if you have an Android phone that supports fingerprint scan, then launch an updated version of WhatsApp on it.
- Go to its Settings
- Go to Privacy and to Fingerprint Lock and turn on the feature to unlock WhatsApp with the fingerprint.
- You can choose to automatically lock WhatsApp after a selected duration as well.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.