Download Youtube video using VLC Player on a computer, the downloading procedure is quite easy, follow the steps below to download your Youtube videos successfully.
Youtube Video Download Using VLC Player on a Computer
- Go to https://www.youtube.com on your computer.
- If you have VLC Media Player on your computer, you may be able to use it to download videos from YouTube. Start by navigating to YouTube in your browser.
- If you don’t have VLC Player on your computer, you can download it from https://www.videolan.org or use another method.
- This method should work for most videos, but some may display a “Your input can’t be opened” error during the download.
- If it refuses to play the video, that is because Youtube actually restricts the location of the video on the web if it contains copyrighted content. The only way to get around this is to use a download website not subject to this, such as mpgun.com, or use a computer program.
- Go to the video you want to download. You can search for the video using the “Search” bar at the top of the screen. Once you select the video, it should begin playing right away.
- Copy the video’s URL. You can do this by highlighting the URL in the address bar at the top of the browser and pressing Ctrl+C (PC) or ⌘ Command+C (Mac).
- Open VLC Player. It should be in the Start menu on Windows and in the Applications folder on macOS. It’s the icon of an orange traffic cone.
- If you don’t have it already, you can download VLC for free at https://www.videolan.org.
- VLC is an open-source video player with a lot of beneficial features for playing all kinds of files.
- Open a new Network stream. Network streams allow you to play content from your web browser in VLC. The steps are a little different for Windows and macOS:
- Windows: Click Media, then click Open Network Stream….
- Click File and then Open Network.
- Paste the YouTube video’s URL into the field. Click the “Please enter a network URL” text box, then press Ctrl+V (PC) or ⌘ Command+V (Mac).
- Click Play (PC) or Open (Mac). This will open the YouTube video in VLC.
- View the video’s codec information. To do so:
- Windows: Click Tools, then click Codec Information.
- Mac: Click Window, then click Media Information.
- Copy the “Location” field. At the bottom of the window, you’ll see a long address that you’ll need to copy. Highlight the entire address and then follow these steps to copy it:
Windows: Right-click the highlighted link and click Copy.
Mac: Right-click the text field and click Open URL.
- Paste the copied URL into your web browser and press ↵ Enter. You can skip this step if you’re using a Mac as the video should already appear in a browser. If you’re using Windows, open a new browser tab, right-click the address bar, and then click Paste.
- Right-click the video and select Save video as. This should open your computer’s “Save” dialog.
- Download the video. Right-click the video in your browser, then click Save video as in the resulting drop-down menu.
- The video will begin downloading onto your computer as an MP4 file with the name “videoplayback”.
- Select a location and click Save. This downloads the video to your computer. Once the file is downloaded, you can view it by double-clicking the file.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.