The Amazon Associates program is a good way to monetize your existing traffic and add to your bottom line. Learn how to add Amazon affiliate link to wordpress blog Using your WordPress website, you can add affiliate links to direct visitors to specific products. It’s important to note that this affiliate program won’t be an overnight success. However, with time and a plan, you can gain more profits.
There are many ways in which you can make money with WordPress. Creating a website for the purposes of promoting a business or selling goods through an online store is one such way. Monetizing a blog with display ads is another. While there are other ways in which you can use your WordPress site to make money, perhaps one of the easiest ones to get started with is affiliate marketing.
Unlike traditional display advertising in WordPress, affiliate marketing takes the unknown out of the equation. In this article will be discussing how to add Amazon affiliate link to wordpress blog. Click on the link below to see how you can be an Amazon associate and how you can get your Amazon affiliate link.
Add Amazon Affiliate Links Using a Plugin
How to Add Amazon Affiliate Link On WordPress Using Amazon Auto Link Plugin
Instead of manually adding Amazon affiliate links, you can use the Amazon Auto Links plugin to automate this process. Below are the steps.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to Dashboard
- Click on Amazon Auto Links
- Click on Add Unit by Category.
- Configure the options and select categories.
- After saving the unit option, go to Manage Units to get the shortcode. Add this shortcode in the visual editor of a post or within a widget.
How to Add Amazon Associates Links to Your WordPress Using Amazon Affiliate Tag Plugin
- Create you posts as normal.
- Link to Amazon pages as normal.
- Go to “Plugins
- Click on Install New found in your left sidebar.
- Search for the “Amazon Affiliate Tag” plugin. Install and activate it.
- Navigate to “Settings Amazify”.
- Here is where you’ll need some data from your Amazon Associates affiliate section: you’ll need your Amazon affiliate tag. It’ll probably look something like davidbhayes-20, or XXXXXXXX-##. You’ll paste that code into the box labelled “Your Amazon Tag” and you’ll click the “Save Changes” button on the bottom.
You’re set. You’ll notice that if you inspect or click your links, the URL you get will have a “&tag=davidbhayes-20” segment at the end.
Benefits Of Amazon Affiliate Program
- It’s free to join and use -There’s absolutely nothing to pay to Amazon to make use of this program.
- The sign-up process is simple – If you already have an Amazon account, you’ll be taken through a straightforward five-step signup process:
Amazon Affiliates signup process
- You can build greater trust with visitors – When affiliate links are used properly, you’ll build even more trust with visitors. This means always directing them to Amazon products that are relevant to the topic at hand. Conversely, any attempts to deceive by pushing them to unrelated links or to untrustworthy products could hurt trust (and get you banned by Amazon), so be careful.
- Referral fees aren’t just for the products you recommend – Perhaps the coolest thing about the Amazon Associates program is that you receive credit for any sale associated with your affiliate link for 24 hours. So, if a customer visits the page of the product you recommended, but then goes on to purchase five more eligible items during that same visit, you will receive a portion of that entire sale.
- During this process, Amazon will ask about your business, your website(s), as well as how you intend to use the affiliate marketing program to make money.
- It’s extremely WordPress-friendly – As you’ll soon see, it’s very easy to add Amazon affiliate links to WordPress. If you decide that you want more than just the occasional link to appear within your content and you want to build an entire affiliate store, there are WordPress affiliate themes and plugins built specifically for Amazon Associates members.
- You get to hand-pick what you promote – Unlike display ad systems that typically choose which brands serve ads on your WordPress site, you have total control over this with Amazon affiliate links. You’ll never have to worry about a competitor’s link showing up on your site and the link will always be relevant to the content that it appears within or beside–which will improve its chances of getting clicked.
- It’s a great way to make passive income – Of course, when I say “passive”, this doesn’t account for the time needed to spend building or maintaining your WordPress site. However, in terms of having to promote these affiliate links, you can put in as much or as little work as you want to drive traffic to them. This obviously makes this a great option for a passive income stream if you’re not in the business of e-commerce.
- Amazon customers are loyal – Beyond that, Amazon customers–especially Amazon Prime members–are more than happy to convert. According to a 2015 report, Prime members are said to convert at a rate 22 times greater than customers that shop with other top online retailers. So, if you can tap into that audience and appeal to their willingness to spend money with Amazon, you should see a good return on your decision to join the program.
- It has universal appeal – Unlike some types of marketing that work better for certain segments than others, affiliate marketing is really something that anyone can use on their WordPress site or e-commerce store. With millions of products available and categories covering a wide spectrum, you’re bound to find more than enough products worth promoting.
- You can open a store without the burden of managing inventory – One of the ways in which you can use Amazon affiliate links is to populate your online store with third-party products. This spares you from having to produce, store, or even manage inventory. That’s all handled by the manufacturers. You only need to worry about maintaining your online store.
- You can use affiliate links after the fact – You don’t have to decide upon building a WordPress site that you’re going to optimize it with Amazon affiliate links. You can decide down the road that you want to give affiliate marketing a try and, consequently, revisit old content, embed affiliate links within it, and start generating revenue that way–especially if your old content is finally starting to take off.
- Track your earnings with Amazon – Amazon collects all your affiliate activity in one place. Under Reports, you’ll be able to see information on your fees (for standard affiliate link promotions) and bounties (for Amazon services promotions).
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.