Gmail is an extremely popular email service provided by Google. In order to create a Gmail account, you actually must sign up for a Google account. This account will give you access to the Google Suite.
Gmail is a free Web-based e-mail service currently being tested at Google that provides users with a gigabyte of storage for messages and provides the ability to search for specific messages. The Gmail program also automatically organizes successively related messages into a conversational thread.
According to Google co-founder and president Larry Page, the company was inspired to create Gmail because of a user’s letter complaining about problems with existing Web e-mail services, such as the constant need to delete messages to stay within storage limits, and the lack of any searching ability.
The two largest Web e-mail providers, Yahoo and Microsoft, allow users four megabytes and two megabytes, respectively, for storing messages. Both services charge a fee for additional storage. Yahoo Mail provides a search capability; Microsoft’s Hotmail service does not.
Gmail fans often cite great spam protection as a key reason as to why they love Gmail. It’s relatively easy to catch spam messages; the challenge is to catch the right messages without blocking mail that you want along the way.
How To Register Gmail Account
- Visit the Google Account Creation Page www.gmail.com
- Type in your first and last name.
- Select a username for your account.
- If you prefer to use an existing email address, choose the I prefer to use my current email address option located below the username field.
- Be aware that the username you choose will be the name that others see if you choose to use other Google services like YouTube or Google Docs.
- Type in a password. Type the password again to confirm it is accurate.
- Choose a strong password to keep your account protected.
- It is recommended that you use alternate characters and a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Enter the month, day, and year of your birthday in the specified fields.
- After reviewing, select the I Agree button.
- You will see the Verify Account page.
- Provide your phone number and select your preferred method of contact.
- You will receive a code via text message or phone call. Enter the code in the box provided. Select the Continue button. You now have a Google account! Google will be automatically directed to the My Accounts page.
- From the My Accounts page, choose the Gmail icon from the top of the page or from the apps menu in the upper right corner.
- Google provides a series of instructions for your Gmail account.
- Choose the Next button until you reach the end of the instructions.
- On the final screen, select the Go to Gmail button.
- You will be taken to your Gmail account.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.