The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is a good gesture by the British government to other commonwealth countries to study in the UK. Also, UK citizens through this program are granted the opportunity to study in any other commonwealth country. The study includes; Masters, PhD, research, Professional and medical skill acquisition.
Notwithstanding, there are 54 countries in the Commonwealth, these countries are in Africa, Asia, the Pacific, Europe, the Americas and Caribbean. Therefore, you can check if your country falls within the 54 member states of the commonwealth.
However, the objective behind the Commonwealth scholarship commission is to attract talents from other parts of the world for international development. That being said, the scholarship is geared towards exchange of ideas, cultures, knowledge and development opportunities.
As a result, students from other countries are trained to be advocates when they go back to their country and contribute to it’s development and progress.
Commonwealth Medical Fellowships
The Commonwealth Medical Fellowships are for medical practitioners from low and middle income countries who wish to gain more clinical experience in the UK.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships
The split-site scholarship is for PhD candidates to spend 12 months of learning in the UK as a part of Doctoral degree program in their country. In other words, the candidate spend sometime in UK and the rest in his home country for the PhD studies.
Commonwealth Rutherford Fellowships
For highly skilled researchers from Commonwealth countries, for one or two years’ postdoctoral research at a UK university.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
For candidates from least developed, low, and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships
For candidates from least developed, low, and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for part-time Master’s study by distance learning on selected courses offered by UK universities.
To qualify for the commonwealth scholarship for research, Masters or PhD in UK, you must possess the following qualities.
- You must come from low or middle income country from the 54 commonwealth member states. Refer to the states at the top of this page.
However, there is opportunity for developed countries to study in other common wealth states.
- You must be motivated and talented towards developing or adding to welfare after your studies. Consequently, all candidates is to be ready to back to home country after the studies.
- The scholarships are for post graduates who must have completed their first degree education in their home country before the time of application.
- Finally, before you apply for the scholarship, visit the CSC official website to know the scholarships available to your country.
Courses to Study
Commonwealth scholarship covers a wide range of courses that promotes development and prosperity. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
The CSC offers around 750 awards for postgraduate study and professional development each year. Therefore, Each potential applicant is to get his/her credentials ready to start the process early.
Such important documents includes;
- A transcript from your school.
- Get your travelling passport ready.
- Write an English proficiency test.
- 2 to 3 referees (in case the school needs it)
Meanwhile, you ask question or make your comments or suggestion on the go with the use of comment box or contact us page today. Also don’t fail to join our free email subscribers to keep getting our daily sponsorship update.
To get more information about application date, country that are eligible and application process. Follow this link to the CSC official website.