Amazon affiliate program, also called “Amazon Associates” is an affiliate marketing program. It’s free for website owners and bloggers to become Amazon Associates. They advertise products from Amazon.com on their sites by creating links. When customers click the links and buy products from Amazon, they earn referral fees.
Amazon associates with websites or other digital presence can make recommendations on items sold by Amazon. This not only introduces a new way to engage with customers, but it also creates an opportunity to get an affiliate fee with a qualifying purchase.
Rules and Requirements Of Amazon Affiliate Program
To become an Amazon associate, there are certain rules and requuired that you need to keep. This rules most be kept if not you will be banned from the Amazon associate program. Below are some of the rules:
- Avoid referring to prices (with some exceptions) since prices frequently change.
- Do not use Amazon affiliate links in offline promotions, eBooks, or email.
- Do not use link shorteners on affiliate links.
- You can read Amazon’s full policy.
- You must disclose on your site or in your communication that you may be eligible to earn from your recommendations.
- You must not make false or deceptive claims in your recommendations.
How to Become an Amazon Affiliate
Having known the rules of Amazon affiliate program, you can start the procedure of becoming Amazon associates. It is a long way to go but the procedure listed in this article will guide you successfully. In becoming an Amazon associate, there four main step that you need to take. This four main step is listed here, carefully follow each step and you will successfully become an Amazon affiliate.
The Four Main Step Of Becoming An Amazon Affiliate
- Create a website or blog.
- Visit the Amazon Associates homepage.
- Build your Amazon Associates profile.
- Create Amazon Affiliate links.
Create a website or blog
Blog, website, app and even Youtube channel is compulsory if you want to become an Amazon Associate, make sure that the blog or website you created have enough content this means before you start applying for Amazon affiliate, write enough content on your website. This will prove that your website is authentic and create a website that describe the content that you are writing
Remember, you must be able to describe the purpose of your website as part of the application process. So, have a firm idea of why you’re creating your site, the audience you’ll target, and how you’ll bring in traffic.
Visit the Amazon Associates homepage
After creating your website or blog, next is to create your Amazon Associates account. This step listed the procedure that you would take.
- Visit the Amazon Associates homepage and click “Join Now for Free”
- You’ll be prompted to log in to your existing Amazon account or create one
- Begin building your Amazon Associates profile by clicking New Customer.
- Once you’ve signed into your Amazon account, click “New Customer” and follow the prompts to build your account.
Build your Amazon Associates profile
- Key-in your account information which include the name, address, phone number of the payee
- Key-in your website address(es), apps, YouTube channels, etc.
- Type-in your preferred store ID (usually the same as your primary website name), explain what your websites hope to accomplish, and select Amazon topics your links will likely target.
- Explain how you drive traffic to your websites, how you use your website or apps to generate income, how you usually build links, and how many visitors your site brings in each month.
- Enter your phone number, press “Call Me Now,” and wait for the immediate call from Amazon. They’ll ask you to input a four-digit code, and once that is complete, your account will be approved.
- Choose whether to enter your payment (credit card) and tax ID information in now or later. Then proceed to your dashboard.
- Create Amazon Affiliate links.Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be sent to your personal Associate homepage. This is where you’ll find your performance dashboard (including an earnings overview, monthly summary, and total clicks). Amazon associate homepage and dashboard is also where you’ll search for relevant products to link to from your content.
How to Create an Amazon Affiliate Link
This are steps how to create Amazon affiliate link. The step is further explained below for better understanding.
- Log in to your Amazon Associate account.
- Click on Product Linking in the top banner and select Product Links.
- Add the ASIN of the product OR search Amazon for the product in the bar they provide.
- Click the Go button.
- Click the Get Link button on the right side of result.
- Alternatively, you can use the Amazon Associates SiteStripe to generate Amazon Affiliate links directly from the product page.
- Use the generated link on your site or other promotional materials according to Amazon’s standards.
Log in to your Amazon Associate account
Doing this ensures that the link text is generated in a way that associates the product you’re promoting with your account.
Click on Product Linking in the top banner and select Product Links
This will take you to a page that will prompt you to create your link.
Add the ASIN of the product OR search Amazon for the product
An Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) is a 10-character alphanumeric code assigned to a product by Amazon for identification within their product catalog. You can find the ASIN of a product within the Product Information section of the product’s Amazon listing. That means you’ll have to grab it within another window.
Alternatively, if you can’t find the ASIN, Amazon will allow you to search the catalog for the product you’re promoting.
Click the Go button
This will generate a result at the bottom. Be sure to verify that this is the intended product you wanted to promote.
Click the Get Link button on the right side
This will copy your new Amazon Affiliate link to your clipboard, and you can now use that link in your promotions.
Alternatively, you can use the Amazon Associates SiteStripe to generate Amazon Affiliate links
A simpler way to generate your Amazon Affiliate Links is by using the SiteStripe bar that shows up on product pages when you’re logged in to your Amazon Affiliate Panel.
Just click the Text button in the Get Link selector. Then copy the generated link that is provided in the popup.
Use the generated link on your site or other promotional materials according to Amazon’s standards
Just remember that Amazon’s guidelines prohibit the use of the link in offline promotions, email, and eBooks or PDFs. As with most marketing and sales, quality content is at the heart of success. Ensure you’re attracting your audience with quality content and share relevant affiliate links with them on your site or YouTube channel.
Your account will be approved for 180 days. During that time, you must make at least one sale, or your account will be closed. That’s why it’s so important to have a strategy for your Amazon Affiliate endeavors. However, you can reapply for the Amazon Associate program after you’ve made certain adjustments to your site.
Feel free to Share the page link on Social media for others to see. You can also leave a comment if you have any question or anything to say on the comment box below.